August 04, 2016

And the award for the worst blogger goes to...

ME!

Okay, it's been a week. I haven't posted in a week! It's not that I haven't thought about posting... but, seriously, I've been so busy that I haven't even had time. 

Last Friday, I spent most of the day at school, setting up my classroom and screening incoming kindergarteners. (They're so cute and tiny! I always forget how tiny they are in August!) When I was done, I had to go straight home and work on a school assignment. It was awful, and I cried crocodile tears because I didn't want to turn it in... but I turned it in anyway! It took awhile to finish it, and I didn't get into bed until about midnight.

Saturday morning, we got up at 5 to go to a 5K that Thomas was in charge of. Do you know how early 5am is on a Saturday?! It's early. And it's dark. And it's also humid. We stayed there until about 1pm, and then I went home for a quick power-nap before heading off to Akron to spend the evening with my best buddy, Kay! I don't get to see her very often, so it's always a blast when we get to spend time together! We went to a Harry Potter fest, where we walked around and then stood in a line for 3 hours and drank butterbeer. It was so fun to catch up with her!

 I didn't leave Akron until about midnight, so I got home around 2:30am. At that point, I'd been awake and active for about 23 hours! Luckily, I had The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning on audiobook to keep me awake and alert! Chris Colfer's German accent is absolutely terrible and hysterical, although I don't think it's supposed to be. 

(As a side note, I do NOT recommend beginning a 2.5-hour drive when you have been awake since 5am. Just don't do it. It's incredibly stupid and dangerous.)

Sunday, we went to church and then went straight to the Hillary Clinton rally in Columbus. It was hot, and the rally was outside (which we didn't know) and I was wearing long pants! I also didn't have any sunscreen, so my chest and arms got FRIED. But, it was definitely worth the time and effort it took to get there! It was really cool to see a potential president and snap a picture of her. (I'm not going to post it because it was a terrible picture... but I still have it!) When we got home, I finished all of my schoolwork (quickly and sloppily!) and went to bed.

Grad school senioritis is the absolute worst, guys.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were a blur of schoolwork, classroom setup, and kindergarten screenings. Back-to-school time is no joke! I'm exhausted, and I'm not even close to being done with my classroom.

And now, as I type this on Thursday evening, I'm sitting on a bed in a hotel in Altoona, Pennsylvania. I am here with a coworker for the Penn State Education Conference! Ron Clark is the keynote speaker and I absolutely cannot wait to hear him speak!

Okay... this is an awful post, but I feel good to be all caught up! Next week starts my series on classroom fundraising, and I promise that it'll be better than this rushed post here. :) Stay tuned!

No comments

Post a Comment