July 07, 2016

Strawberry Watermelon Water with Lemon!




Let's get real: if you know me, you know that I'm not huge on getting in my daily servings of fruits and veggies. There are just other things I would rather consume, like coffee or honey-roasted peanut butter or sweet tea. Healthy eating just isn't high on my list of priorities.

I do, however, like water... especially flavored water! I made come cucumber water earlier, and it was so yummy! I just put about 4 slices of cucumber into my water and voila! It was delicious and beautiful. See?


Later, I needed more water but didn't want plain or cucumber water. 

(I like to sip when I work on schoolwork. Then, I won't let myself leave until I've gotten a predetermined amount of work done. My itty bitty bladder is a great motivator!)

I made another jar of ice water and popped some strawberries into it, but it wasn't very flavorful. Then, I decided to throw in some watermelon chunks. We also had a lemon that was about to go bad, so I squeezed all the juice out and added it. It looked chunky, and I hate when things look chunky, so I put it through our Ninja blender for a couple seconds. Then, I dumped it into the glass and added a little more ice. And there it was! 

Done. 

Complete. 

Beautiful. 

Delicious. 

And, of course, pink! 


It tastes as pretty as it looks!

Here's the recipe I used-




Strawberry Watermelon Water with Lemon
3-4 medium-sized strawberries
3/4 cup of watermelon
1 lemon
1 cup of cold water
ice

Juice the lemon and cut the strawberries in half. Add strawberries, watermelon, and lemon juice into a blender and blend until smooth.

Put water into class and add blended fruit. Stir. Add ice and stir again.

Enjoy!


It's really so easy! Now, I want to know... what's your favorite infused water recipe?

Let me know in the comments! :)


No comments

Post a Comment