November 06, 2016

On blogs and spiders.

Greetings, from the world's worst blogger!

Have you ever neglected something for so long that going back to you begins to scare you? No? Let me tell you a little story to see if I can change your mind. ;)

After Thomas and I graduated from MVNU, we rented a tiny little house in Mount Vernon for a year. It didn't have a laundry room and the laundry hookups were in the kitchen. There was no vent, so the hot air from the dryer all stayed inside of the kitchen and made the house so unbearably hot during warmer weather. Because of that, I avoided laundry as much as possible.

At one point, there was so much laundry to be done that we were in serious danger of not having any clean clothes. So, I got to work. I sat on the bedroom floor and began sorting laundry.

And then... I saw it.

The spider.



Guys, I'm a big chicken when it comes to spiders. I also tend to exaggerate how big they are. But this spider...

I was afraid to kill it because it was so big. I also really wanted it intact so I could look up what kind of spider I was dealing with. Instead of smashing it, I ran into the kitchen to get a drinking glass to put over it.

THE SPIDER WAS SO BIG THAT IT BARELY FIT INSIDE THE MOUTH OF THE GLASS. Its legs were bunched up inside of the glass.

I never did find out what kind it was, and I'm pretty sure that we eventually let it go.

So... based on that experience, I was kind of afraid to come back to this blog that I have so severely neglected. It also has to do with the fact that my readership is very small. I love that my friends and family read my blog, but I have dreams of internet fame that are completely unachievable... but I can't convince myself of it yet.

But, lately, my brain has been nagging me to come back and write. It is very therapeutic for me, and I do love writing.

So, I'm going to make a deal with myself you. I don't have school on Tuesday, so I'll be back then to talk about some of the things my brain has been begging me to talk about.

Until then! :)

No comments

Post a Comment