July 12, 2016

Community

I think it's safe to say that I have a few things going now. Currently, I am: working on this blog, learning the ins and outs of writing and publishing a children's book, actually writing out my ideas, finishing up grad school (only 41 days left!), and working on plans for the upcoming school year. In addition, the house still needs cleaned, laundry needs done, and somebody has to cook dinner! I'm also on summer break and attempting to catch up on all the sleep I didn't get from August-May of this past year.

Needless to say, I'm a little bit busy. Now, I don't say all of that so you'll all go,

"Look at all the things she's doing!" 

or anything like that. That's just not who I am! I just like to set my goals and then absolutely smash them. I get a deep sense of satisfaction from accomplishing things and, for a long time, I didn't want to share those things with others.

But then, I realized... if I don't share my dreams and goals with others, how can I ask for help? How will I connect with others who are on the same journey? Who will celebrate with me when I reach my goals?

In the same way, I want to help others! I want to encourage people when they want to quit. I want to celebrate with them when they reach a goal.

So, instead of just talking about how I want to do all those things, I'm really trying to follow through! As some of you probably saw on Facebook, I ordered some new "business" cards (that are really more like contact cards) with my name, email address, blog name, and social media handles. I plan o handing them out at different events like the teaching conference I'm heading to in early August. It's not just that I want people to read my blog and follow me... I want to build a community! I am also reaching out to people on social media, so that we can build up and support one another. I also want to look into joining some sort of writing group in my local area, as soon as I can find one.

We can't do everything alone and, as an introvert, it's hard for me to put myself out there. But, at the very least, I think I'm earning points for trying. :)

No comments

Post a Comment